Create!

Create!

Friday, March 7, 2014

Polymer and Chalk

I have been working with all kinds of different medias but I always come back to clay.  I am attempting to do some bead embroidery and have been working on some cabochons.  Somehow I always come up with blues and purples....

 
 

I really had some fun with white polymer clay and chalks.  I purchased this Cosmic Ceramic tutorial from Iris Mishly. She introduced me to using chalks with polymer. This piece doesn't resemble anything from that tutorial but I came away from it with a whole new avenue to explore.  The chalks are easy to apply but can turn to a mess if you get too much going on with them.

I used some inexpensive artist pastels and also some chalk dust from this box of blackboard chalks.

 
This box of chalk was a treasure we found when cleaning out my dh's family home.  His mom was an artist and had some art supplies that I brought home.  I certainly wasn't sure what I would do with chalk but the colors spoke to me and I couldn't let them go!  I am so glad I kept them because the colors are intense and beautiful.

I really have enjoyed experimenting and encourage you to check out the many tutorials out there. Even if you don't make exactly what they are making you can definitely learn so much. There are a few others that I have purchased recently that I will tell you about soon.

Thanks for stopping by!  m

1 comment:

  1. Oh, boy ... you are so right! These colors are outstanding and that they belonged to your husbands mother makes them very special. Glad that you are having so much fun and creating some beauties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!