Create!

Create!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Over the Top

I am participating  in the Poymer Clay Collective Color Challenge.    The challenge was to make something out of polymer using the colors in the following picture.

 
I made a neckpiece using a fiber wrapped cord, polymer art beads and some czech glass beads. Thanks Jeannie K. Dukic, I had fun playing with this color palette. Check out the other participants at the Polymer Collective Facebook Page here.
 
I had some molds that I made out of polymer from decorative trim at Lowes and also from our bed! 


I made balls of clay and pushed them in the mold, added a few holes and ended up with this...

  
I call it "Over the Top" because it is big and colorful.
 
 
I am loving the czech glass beads!
 
 
Yes those are earrings on the left.

 
 And a view of the back!
 
 
 Go see what the others made too!  Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Big. Bold. Beautiful! I love all those colors and textures ... stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the top is a perfect name! Love the molds you made/used :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Marian you went all out. The decorative trim molds are brilliant and the end result is beautiful. Love the fiber. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Marian, I love the randomness to the design. It's very cohesive, I always admire that since I struggle in creating random

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marian,
    Wow your necklace is amazing I love all the big bold polymer clay pendants you made and the Cha Cha style of the necklace is awesome every time I look at it I see something I did not see before.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the molds, how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the addition of textiles on the pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!