Create!

Create!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Color Mixes and Pearl Ex Powders

I really do make one of a kind polymer pieces. I do not measure the colors that I combine to come up with new colors. I was going to use some scrap clay to make a mold and I really liked the color that I ended up with so I made some leaves! I previously posted about a bumble bee neckpiece that I made for my friend Barbara. See the post here.

I had a handful of yellow and black scrap clay left from that project. When I mixed the yellow and black together I ended up with a dark olive green color that I really like.  I made some leaves and used different pearl ex powders on them.


I also made some flowers and other beads from picture frame molds that I had made.



I think this mix will make a pretty Spring neckpiece!  I need to find some fibers in the right colors!

Only a few more days until it is officially spring.  I have some really tiny daffodils in my back yard so I picked them!



Hope you have a great day!  Yours truly, M.

2 comments:

  1. I love these pieces for spring!!! I am looking forward to my daffodils and tulips coming up....probably another few weeks of waiting! ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to see your finished project! If the flowers were orange I'd say you had everything you needed for Art Bead Scene's March challenge.

    I play with polymer clay every once in a while, but have never worked with the pearl ex pigments, just admired them from afar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!